Who really stuffs the stockings...

Our kids were being very rambunctious this evening and less than well behaved. D lamented that we didn't have a coal burning furnace. Of course, none of the kids got his hint that they were misbehaving to the point of earning a lot of coal this Christmas. I explained what he meant and the conversation continued this way after we asked T if he knew what Santa put in the stockings of kids who weren't good.
T: Santa doesn't put that stuff in our stockings anyway. He's DEAD. Mom and Dad do it! (Not all of our kids knew about Santa yet but I bet they are suspicious now!)
K: No...Where would Mom get all that stuff to put in our stockings?
T: MONEY (said in a duh tone of voice).
K: No, Mom doesn't do it...(followed by a long thoughtful pause)...It must be Grandpa Lloyd!

I laughed out loud. I guess he knows that Grandpa Lloyd has more money than we do! I wonder what he would think if he knew that I stuff Grandpa's stocking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...