What could be better than a free pet?

Two of them!
A while back I wrote about our snail Claireford going the way of all the earth (i.e. he/she croaked). I also mentioned that after Claireford's untimely demise there was a mysterious tiny little slug-like creature in the tank. Thinking it may have been a baby snail with an undeveloped shell, I kept it for several weeks, but eventually I gave up on it being a snail and set it free. I know that snails and slugs are pretty much the same thing, but I just can't stomach the thought of feeding slugs for some reason. Snails, I can handle.
Near the start of the school year I was walking home from the school with #3 and #4 and I chanced upon a snail crossing the sidewalk. I stopped the boys and had them come and look at it. My intention was to look at it, and then let it go on its slow but merry way. Then I saw a second snail just off of the sidewalk, and I couldn't resist. #1 was pretty sad when Claireford died (Claireford is named after Cliff and Claire Huxtible of the Cosby show and #1 got him/her as part of a third grade science course). I thought that two snails would make him feel better. So home they came. We have had them for about a week and a half now. Yet, they are still unnamed. I jokingly suggested Sondra and Elvin to go with the Cosby theme, or Mucous and Snot...just because.
Now is your chance...what are your suggestions for names for our new snails? Be creative!

Comments

Ezre said…
Chip and Dale
Orville and Redinbaucher
Johnny Quest and Hadji
Bill and Ted
Pinky and Brain
Merlin and Arthur
Gustav and Gunther
Ernie and Burt
Leonardo and Davinci
Robin Hood and Will Scarlet
Bianca and Bernard
Han and Leia
Chuck and Norris
Picard and Kirk
well, you get the idea
John Andersen said…
Esc & Argot for escargot. :-)
DMo said…
I like john's suggestion...although I would never eat them (and that's not because I'm emotionally attached.)
Sarah said…
Eat Me and Eat Him


But then again, I'm partial to the Mucus and Snot idea too. Other variations are Booger, Slimy and Squishy.

By the way, you are the only person I know who has had a pet snail. Weirdo.
Sketchy said…
Hmmm,
Slow and Pokie?
Molasses and January?
Mykids and Inthemorning?
Jenn said…
Slow and Poke
Kate said…
You've probably picked names by now...but my choice would be:
Speedy and Shelbert
J-Dog said…
Gumby & Poky
Gilligan & Skipper
Keith & Danny
Tracy & Chris
Frank & Joe
Nancy & Drew
??? & ?!
Weirdo & Creepy
Calvin & Hobbes
Garfield & Odie

Wow. And I didn't even know I was good at choosing names!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

School Picture Time...