When I grow up...

The other day #4 and #5 were talking about what they want their job to be when they grow up.

#4 said he would like to drive a car for a job, so I asked him what kind of a driving job he wanted. He decided that he really just wants to drive and was thrilled when I told him that most grown ups can drive and he doesn't have to get a job driving to do it. He then decided that he would really like to be "The one that cooks dinner" for his job as a grown up.

#5 piped up at that point and said, "I want to be the one that plays with all the Thomas (the tank engine) toys when I grow up."

I think its good to know what you want and what makes you really happy. I am sure cooking dinner and playing with trains will probably lose some of their allure as the boys get older, but for now I think they are both great aspirations.

Comments

Sketchy said…
So cute! Last year I asked my son this question and he said "The Babysitter."
DMo said…
That's fits, usually the first thing #4 says to me when I get home from work is, 'I'm hungry.'

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...