Boys and Battles...

We had the opportunity to go and see a civil war reenactment at Fort Stevens today thanks to a generous friend. She thought the boys would enjoy watching a battle reenactment and seeing the camps set up to show how life during the civil war was. There were cannons, guns, horses and battle, what more could a boy want? (Other than for his Mom to buy him a wooden sword afterwards.) Here are a few pictures from the battle. The boys seemed to enjoy it other than the noise from the cannon fire. All in all it was a great day and we had a lot of fun.
Confederate Cavalry


Confederate Camp

Union Army

Our friend who invited us (center) along with her daughter and a friend.

Comments

John Andersen said…
I went to a reenactment one time, it was pretty cool. I had no idea that they did those until I saw it in person (it was coincidence as we were on a road trip traveling through a midwestern town). Glad you got to go.
Sketchy said…
You got great pictures. Sadly our trip to Gettysburg didn't end so well in photos. And my boys wanted the wooden guns.
Scribbit said…
I always thought these reenactments were odd. I worked as a researcher at the National Archives for a while, researching and working on a HUGE project on the Civil War. I must have gone through 50,000 different Union medical records and those reenactments don't do it justice. Not without mini ball wounds, amputations, dysentery and "piles" (hemorhoids). EVERYONE had piles it seems. Poor guys.
Anonymous said…
I would love to wear old Civil War era dresses. I really would. It's my favorite thing about Gone With the Wind, all her dresses.

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...