When we die...

A couple of weeks ago #3 asked me about who will get D's PDA when he is gone.
I asked him what he meant, and he clarified that after D and I are really old and die, someone would get the PDA, and he wanted it to be him. Here I thought people didn't start fighting over their parent's estate until AFTER they were dead.
I mentioned the PDA/death conversation at dinner that night, and it turned into a full blown claiming of our items by each of the kids. I will tell you that none of the items that we would have thought of putting in our will (the grandfather clock D's dad built for us, my Grandmother's painting, the piano, etc) were mentioned. There was a brief struggle over who would get my cake mix doctor cookbook though and #4 decided he wanted our van when we are gone. #5 was content to say that he wanted all of the Thomas the Tank Engine Toys (which technically, are already his). Hopefully D and I will be around for a little longer, at least until #5 outgrows Thomas...
What are you going to leave to your children?

Comments

Sarah said…
By the time you die that poor PDA will have gone the way of the American buffalo. The funny thing is, those Thomas toys will probably be worth more than all the other stuff in 70 years. #5 is the most savvy of them all!
Scribbit said…
I don't plan to leave anything--I'm going out with a bang and plan to spend it all :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...