Conversations about growing up...

Tonight as we sat around the table eating our strawberry shortcake for dessert, #2 brought up the topic of growing up. He stated that sometimes he wishes he could be a kid forever, and sometimes he wishes he could be a grown up now. His reasoning for wanting to stay a kid involved that its more fun to not be smart. In his words..."You know how I'm really smart? I have more fun when I act like I'm not smart." This has led him to believe that being dumb is more fun than being smart...
#3 piped up and said, "The number one reason I want to be a grown up is because then I can do whatever I want...except at work, and number two grown ups don't get throw up sick as often as kids do."
Then #4 and I had the following conversation...
#4: I want to be a grown up so I can play the Wii whenever I want to.
Me: That's assuming you get a job and buy a Wii of your own.
#4 (with big, innocent eyes): But I'm going to live here for a while after I grow up!
What a smart kid...planning to grow up and mooch off of Mommy forever so he doesn't have to act like a grown up. Of course #2 told him he won't feel like he wants to live here once he is a teenager.

Through all of these conversations D was just shaking his head and mentioning how hard it is being a grown up. D spends the most time of all of us doing things he has to do for work, for church or for other things, and he plays the Wii less than any of us because he is always so busy being a grown up.

Comments

Kate said…
Yeah...being a grown up is not all its cracked up to be, and yet being a kid can be really frustrating!

And I can't believe #3 is 8 already! Where's my little Sunbeam?!?

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...