Examples of selflessness...

Today was my birthday. During our dinner conversation, D asked the boys what they would get me for my birthday if they could get ANYTHING they wanted to. I found their answers to be interesting, and somewhat revealing.
#1 said a new car.
#2 couldn't decide...and later decided on a new TV
#3 said a generator (which would enable them all to watch TV and play video games in the event of one of our frequent power outages here on the coast.)
#4 said a Harry Potter book (even though I already have all of them), then when he found out I have them all he said a Harry Potter CD (meaning the books on CD).
#5 said he would buy me a Thomas the Tank Engine DVD.

All in all it was a good birthday. I have realized how blessed I am to have all that I do have. While there are always things that would be useful, we are blessed to have all of our basic needs and many luxuries. Our house isn't the nicest house, but it keeps us safe and dry. What more could I ask for? I have five healthy boys and a baby on the way and the pregnancy is going well. My husband is wonderful, supportive and kind. He loves me and tells me I am beautiful regularly, even when I feel less than pretty. Truly, I am blessed.

Comments

Michelle Alley said…
What a beautiful post Heather! Happy Birthday to you, I must mark your birthday on my calendar. Take care my friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...