Cool is Cool

Today at church our youngest was performing his usual routine of doing everything in his power to not go to his primary class, so I took him with me to drop something off in the van. Playing tug-of-war with him the whole way, I decided to see if he wanted to take a walk.

I took him around the block, but the sun was shining and the air was unusually hot for the north Oregon coast for this time of year. I was starting to get pretty toasty walking in the sun with my dark suit on.

Assuming he was feeling the heat too, I attempted to persuade him to go to his class, "Wouldn't you rather go and sit in the nice, cool church?"

My five-year old replied, "No, church isn't cool,...it's boring."

I guess I should stop using 'cool' in its slang form so much at home.

Comments

Michelle Alley said…
That is so cute! How are you feeling? I didn't catch your due date? Take care!
The Motherboard said…
That sounds like my house. My kids say that about church all the time!
sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...