She is HERE!

I thought about other clever ways to phrase it, but really, I am just plain tired, so bare bones it is.

Thursday at 4:00 a.m. I was sleeping soundly and I suddenly woke up to a huge gush of water. My water had broken. I sat up, woke up D and tried to stop gushing water everywhere. I was not having any contractions, but standard procedure when your water breaks is to head to the hospital. We called a friend to stay at our house with the boys, called my Mom to let her know she could come from Vancouver in the morning, and called the hospital to let them know we were coming.

We got to the hospital at 5 a.m., checked in and got hooked up to the monitor. Since my water was broken they would not let me labor in the tub, and I wasn't really in labor anyhow.

I got hooked up to an I.V. (which took 4 painful tries) and they started me on a pitocin drip. To make a long story short, I spent all day on pitocin which they kept increasing in an effort to get me to some kind of productive labor. It was very tiring, and did nothing to get me ready for birth. At three weeks early, the baby was just not ready and although the baby was head down, she was too high up in my uterus. By that evening I was feeling pretty discouraged (I had expected to have the baby relatively quickly since my last labor had been 5 hours total). They took me off the pitocin and my labor stopped so we decided to rest for the night. In the meantime they gave me a couple of doses of something to help my cervix get ready for birth, and around 1:30 a.m. I went into labor (Finally!) The baby was finally born at 4:40 a.m. on Friday the 23rd, just over 24 hours after the whole adventure started.

So...the part you have all been waiting for...Welcome to Baby B! Yes, its a girl and she was 6 lbs 15.5 oz and 19 and 3/4" long. I know what you all really want to see are some pics, so here are a couple of them to keep you happy. Baby B and I came home this afternoon and she is trying to settle in with all the noise and chaos of five brothers...
On her Birth Day...

Ready to come home from the Hospital...

Needless to say, I may not be posting very often for a while...

Comments

Dapoppins said…
If I comment here, I get to be first!

She is just beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! We're so excited for you guys! I didn't know the day was coming up so quickly.

Way to go. That beautiful little girl is going to have her hands full with five older brothers. She'll probably be able to hold her own though - if she is anything like her mother. :-).

Thanks for sharing! PS...Once you are up and at it again, we want an email message with the particulars (name included).
Amelia Antwiler said…
Oh, she's lovely.
Take all the time you need to blog...can't wait to hear all the news about her. :-)
Michelle Alley said…
What a beautiful little girl! I can see she looks so much like her siblings already! What a cutie! HOw are you feeling? I hope things are well - take care my friend! WHat a lovely blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...