Best Laid Plans

Today at church, I was moving the diaper bag out of the middle of the walkway just as my third grade son decided to walk past. As if it was slow motion, I saw him put his foot inside the carrying strap as I moved it out of the way. I felt his foot pull on the strap and his body topple to the floor.

It was so predictable, that I had to hold back a laugh. He shot a glare at me as we made eye contact as if I had done it on purpose. Then he lay face down on the floor in another Academy Award-winning performance.

At the climax of his production, he lifted his head out of his arm, turned towards me and snapped, "I know why you were smiling....because your plan worked!"

He paused, glaring, for effect, then dramatically turned his face back down into his arms floor to finish the act.

He probably didn't appreciate me almost laughing again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
just reading about it makes me laugh :)

Popular posts from this blog

What could be better than a free pet?

Let them be little

School Picture Time...