Showing courtesy when praying...

How hard can it be? We are trying to get #5 to offer the prayer at meals more often. He is perfectly capable of praying, I have even heard him do it, but but being the youngest he has a fascination with having us tell him what to say.
The other day I asked him to say the prayer at breakfast. Since it was just him, me and #4 there I thought he wouldn't feel too nervous about it. What I didn't bargain for was the allure of food for a hungry three year old. After the usual bantering back and forth about whether or not he needed my help I gave in and started telling him what to say. It was a typically simple prayer for a kid just starting out...Heavenly Father, Thank thee for this day, Thank thee for this food, please bless the food...etc
Only what came out was Heabenly Fahder, Fank vee for dis day, Fank vee for dis food, splurbity splutter, spit...
Apparently once he had thanked for the food, it was too good to resist so he took a bite. The next line came out unintelligible and caused a lot of dribbles of cheerios and milk to run down his chin. I suppose I should be happy that he attempted to say the next line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...