Men, Women and Equality

I took #2 with me to the store tonight, on a quest for Ice Cream. On the way there he started talking about boys and girls and who is taller at what stages of life. I started talking explaining how girls stop growing at an earlier age than boys do, and he came up with boys being better at basketball because they are taller. This became a discussion about men's sports vs women's sports, and why there are more professional men's sports. I explained to him how it used to be that women were not allowed to do a lot of things that men were allowed to do. I talked a little bit about women's pro baseball during WWII and how once the war was over, interest in women's ball dwindled and they were expected to go back to their everyday lives.
This was his response...(I am paraphrasing...I wish I could remember his exact words...I really need to tape record every single conversation I have with the boys)
#2: I think that boys are better at some things because they are allowed to do more things than girls are, and I think girls are better at some other things because we are too busy doing the things we are allowed to do to learn how to do those other things. So in the end I think it all ends up being equal.

Wrap your brain around that one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...