Sometimes they just grow up so fast...

I had a bit of a shock this week when I was buying socks for my oldest son for school. I had usually only paid attention to the smaller number on the package of socks...the one that says fits shoe size 3 to... This time I paid attention to the second number. Fits shoe size 3 to 9. No, my son does not wear a size 9 shoe. He is only in a 3 1/2, but the point is that the socks will fit size 3 to size 9 (9 in men's shoes). I wear a 10 in women's, an 8 in men's.

My son and I can wear the same size of socks. The tiny baby feet that made the little footprint on his hospital birth certificate are now big enough to fit comfortably into my socks. When did my baby get so big?!

Comments

Sketchy said…
I can so relate! My daughter is maybe an inch shorter than me and 1 shoe size smaller. My boys can wear socks that I can wear too. I could cry!
Carrot Jello said…
Hey, I'm a 10 too!
Acacia said…
I noticed that yesterday with my own oldest son! I have the biggest feet in my immediate family, so you can imagine how big my 8 years olds' feet are! BTW: I used to live in Newport, and I miss it. Well, not the RAIN, but the sound of the ocean outside my bedroom window. Pick up a seashell for me!
Acacia said…
No way...I just read your blog and discovered you're LDS! Me too! Love BOTH of your blogs...I'll be back lots!
Anonymous said…
A couple of weeks ago I came across a real baby sock, the kind that you can just about get two adult fingers into. [yes, I am a hopeless housewife]
Cheers

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...