Dressing up...

#4 aka K loves to dress up in play clothes. He has been known to wear a knight's cape to the grocery store (and to be upset that I make him leave his sword in the car), and to do somersaults without losing his Zorro hat (this involves keeping one hand on the hat to prevent it from flying off...but also means he doesn't use his hands for the somersault either...so still talented!).
The other day he asked me
#4: Mom...How come you never dress up in a costume that is good for a girl to wear?
Me: What do you mean by that?
#4: How come you never dress up like a Princess?
Me: Because I don't feel like a Princess.
#4: But Princess dresses are nice. They are really beautiful.
I suppose someone could take him to be a little chauvinistic because a Princess was the first thing he thought of for a girl to dress up as. I like to think that he is just sensitive to me not getting to do as many fun things as he gets to do. Maybe I will have to get some dress up clothes for me too.

Comments

Scribbit said…
One of my boys used to insist on wearing his Spiderman outfit to the grocery store, library, etc. I was okay with it but drew the line at wearing it to church.
Heffalump said…
He tried wearing his cape to church this week. I made him take it off and we put it in the diaper bag. I bet he would love a Spiderman outfit. Right now he is into pretending he is a jedi. Those loops on carpenter's jeans are great for hanging a lightsaber from.

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...