Kidnappers...

Today's Daily Dose is brought to you by two pre-teen girls and a 3 year old boy. Usually I use anecdotes from my boys, but in this case, I couldn't pass up these conversations.
Yesterday I went to a women's conference for ages 8 and up. I rode there with two other women, and two pre-teen girls. We were in a minivan, and I sat in the middle seat, while the girls sat together in the back seat. On our way I chanced to overhear a few snippets of their conversation. They ranged in topics from Britney Spears' current hairstyle, to having a fear of mannequins. Then this bit of conversation caught my ear...
Girl 1: ...I've never really done anything bad enough to get kidnapped for.
Girl 2: (sounding somewhat incredulous) Sometimes people just kidnap other people.
Girl 1: (getting an I think I know more than you do tone) Kidnappers and killers usually have to have a reason for what they do.

This ended their conversation. I resisted the urge to turn around and give the poor little girl a dose of reality about there being bad people in the world, but I figured its her parents job, and who am I to disillusion the girl? The odds are that she won't get kidnapped, especially if she is a good girl...right?

Dose #2 came from #5's class at church today. There was a little boy visiting at church, and the teacher asked him his name. Wicky was the reply. (Ricky).
Teacher: Well, Ricky, where did you come from?
Ricky: My Mom's house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...