What does hunger mean to you?

#5 has a bad habit of getting into food. I might not mind so much if it were things like carrot sticks and such, but its usually things like chocolate chips, animal cookies, cheeze-it crackers, and anything else that is not so great for you. I even noticed that he opened the box of Easter egg dye we bought over the weekend. Luckily he can't open plastic wrappers on his own and the dye tablets were packaged in plastic in the box...so he didn't eat those, although I am sure he would if he could open the package (they do LOOK like candy)
Today I heated up some leftover Lasagna for our lunch. He ate it really well the evening before, but at lunchtime he was distracted by the computer. He started out eating, then came in the living room. A few minutes later I caught him with a handful of animal cookies. I scolded him for taking them without permission.
#5: But Mom I'm HUUUUNNNGGGRRRYYY!
Me: Your lunch is on the table.
#5: I'm not hungry!

Comments

John Andersen said…
LOL - Heffalump. I sure enjoy reading these. Our youngest has been having the same problem...she has a nose for every snack there is - she can find it too.
Amber and I just bought a door knob to our pantry that requires a key to enter. That was our last resort...she was able to get passed every other barrier we would put on the door.
Good to see someone else fighting the same problem!

Keep it up -- it is us against them!! ;-)
carrie said…
My monkeyboy drives me crazy one day he likes something the next he says he doesn't like it. I made lasagna first the first time in months. Monkey looks at and said "I don't like that." I said yes you do you love lasagna." We sit down to dinner and he is eating the french bread then decides he'll try the lasanga. "I do like it I remember now."

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...