Its like RADAR...

There are two things for sure that my kids seem to have a preternatural ability for detecting. One of them is me being on the phone. I can see it in my mind...all of them playing outside when suddenly they all stop at once and look towards the house. Inside...I have picked up the phone.
They might leave me to myself all day and treat each other wonderfully, but the moment I am on the phone they are hungry, or fighting, or trying to talk to me. It drives me crazy. I have been known to take the cell phone out to the van and sit in the driveway to talk just to get some peace and quiet while I am on the phone (as well as better phone reception.)
The other thing they always seem to know about is when I head to the bathroom. It never fails. The moment I am in there, almost as soon as I sit down, someone is at the door. Either they have to go...BAD...and can't possibly wait two minutes, or they are there to tattle on one of their brothers, to ask for a snack, or just to ask me what I am doing (like it isn't obvious). Today was no different. Nature called, so I answered. As usual, there was a knock at the door. I acknowledged my presence thinking that someone needed to use the bathroom (pity me because we only have one bathroom). Instead, it was one of the boys making sure it was ME in there.
Boy #2: I have a school paper for you.
Me: Why don't you wait a minute?
Boy #2: I can just slip it under the door. (At this point I see the corner of a hot pink piece of paper start to come under the door.)
Me: Just wait until I am DONE!
Boy #2: Okay.
Of course I am just wondering why when he had been home from school for a couple of hours he chose the moment I was...otherwise occupied...to try to talk to me. I think it must have something to do with knowing he had a captive audience.

Comments

Michelle Alley said…
You are hilarious! It's so true, my girls do the same thing. Fun times - right?!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...