Hangman reaches new heights

Sometimes church can often be somewhat (or very) boring for little boys. (I will admit that it can sometimes be boring for people of all ages...boredom does not discriminate.) During our sacrament meeting which usually lasts a little over an hour, we usually let the boys color or draw quietly after the sacrament has been passed.
Today most of our family are still trying to recover from the latest plague going around town, so it was just #2 and myself at church. #1 and #2 like to play hangman at church, and I will admit that I sometimes enjoy a game of it with them as well. Only instead of hangman its more like...wrecking yard. #1 really enjoys Volkswagens, especially bugs-so instead of the gallows we draw the big crane and magnet of a wrecking yard, and instead of a poor little stick figure we draw the parts of a VW bug awaiting its execution (This includes drawing the VW symbol on each hubcap so you can imagine how rarely we actually end up with a wrecked bug at the end).
Today since it was just me and #2 and we didn't bring the crayons we played a few games of "hangman" during the sacrament meeting. I tried to keep my words and phrases about religious things like scriptures, prayer, and etc, while he tended towards things like "Lego Star Wars II has cheat codes" and such. My favorite entry on his part was. "You need speed for time travel." I am not sure where an 8 year old gets ideas like that.

Comments

J-Dog said…
I don't remember the Time Travel One...

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...