How sly they are...

We have noticed that #4 has somewhat of a speech impediment. Many little kids sound that way when they are toddlers, and we thought he might outgrow it. Now that he is five I have been noticing more and more that he has trouble making some sound combinations. Today for instance, he told me that he flipped in the bathroom. I was confused for a few moments, until I figured out that he was saying that he slipped in the bathroom. He is perfectly capable of saying an S sound, but put it with an L and he just can't do it. Sleep is fleep...slipped is flipped, etc. I commented on this to my husband, and he was curious about hearing #4 say some words. He wanted him to say Silly Sally, (which I knew he would be able to say perfectly) but #4 was feeling under pressure and didn't want to say it. We tried a little encouragement, then a little bribery, but #4 wasn't having any of it. Finally he said he didn't want to say it while we were looking at him, so in our own supportive way we turned around so we couldn't see him. He promptly left the room while we weren't looking. Sly kid...or should I say...Fly kid.

Comments

Garrett said…
I think you ought to send this to Reader's Digest - a quick way to make $50!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...