Ah...the power of cheese...

We went on a little family excursion to Costco today. I had mentioned over the weekend that I needed to get some cheese as we were out. As I was looking at the wonderfully ripe strawberries and trying to determine which ones I should adopt #1 approached me with a large wedge of Gouda. I declined the Gouda. He took it back, and approached me again, this time with a bag of single serving sized babybel cheese rounds. Again, I shot him down. Not to be deterred, he returned the babybel and picked up the brie. I told him that he probably wouldn't like brie (although it is on sale this week, I just know his tastes and that he is not likely to enjoy brie). Next he moved on to the spreadable Swiss cheese, and finally gave up when I told him I was just buying medium cheddar today. I know...we sound so boring. We do frequently get Swiss, Provolone, Colby, Monterey Jack, and Mozzarella. Its not like we are cheddar only kinds of people. So why do I feel a little bit bad that I didn't buy him a new kind of cheese to try? (He has never tasted any of the kind he tried to entice me into buying). After we moved on from the cheese section #1 expressed his frustration that Costco didn't have the kind of cheese he really wanted to try the most...feta. I was wondering where he even heard of feta cheese! I didn't know what feta cheese was until I was an adult. I think I may have a culinary mind on my hands. Maybe the next time I am out and about I will pick up some new kind of cheese for him to try. Just not in the Costco bulk size.

Comments

Millie said…
For the love of all that's holy! Buy the boy some cheese! He's a good boy! Ehhh?

(guess the SNL sketch)

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...