Star Wars Birthday Party



Yesterday was #3's Birthday. He wanted a Lego Star Wars theme for his birthday. (We don't do big parties with other kids at our house for their birthdays. We take birthday food to their classrooms at school that day, and we have a theme for their birthday party with just our little family). This year #3's party included a lightsaber cake (I will post pics of it if they turned out decent), and some fun activities which included a hunt for mini kits (in the Lego Star Wars games there are ten hidden mini kits in each level. We hid small canisters of Star Wars themed mini-m&ms around the house, and they got to hunt for all ten. In the game we have, when you reach ten mini kits in a level...you are given the parts for a Lego ship to use in your game. At the party the prize was a Lego Star Wars V-wing fighter for #3's birthday. We also played Laser tag as a family (someone from D's work had given us a used set a few months ago and we had not tried it out yet, and the boys didn't know about it either...so it was a perfect opportunity.) The boys had great fun taking turns with the laser tag set, and after that they earned a red candy heart that I made with Wilton's candy melts and a mold. (In the Lego game small red hearts regenerate your lives). We also enjoyed refreshments of Pretzel Sabers (stick pretzels dipped in green candy melts) along with the cake, and I made Chocolate Star Wars Characters from a candy mold I borrowed from a friend. They included Chewbacca, C-3PO, Yoda and R2-D2. We saved the chocolate characters for today since they had eaten a lot of junk food already. All in all, I think the boys had a lot of fun. #3 got another Lego Star Wars set, and a new color changing lightsaber that makes realistic lightsaber noises. I also learned this week how to use a picture editing program to make somewhat cool looking lightsaber effects. The pics above are #3 and #2 posing with toy lightsaber handles. I had fun with the pics once I figured it out.

Comments

Michelle Alley said…
Sounds like you had some great fuN! I like the editing tool, I bet your boys though that was pretty cool. Liked the idea of hiding the m&m's around the house and having the look for it. Hope you're recovering well from all the birthday partying?!!
Scribbit said…
Oh these are some great ideas! I'll have to bookmark and pull it out when David has another birthday. Especially love the pretzel light sabers.
Scribbit said…
Can I also say that those light sabers look like the real deal? Obi wan himself didn't have one that looked so good.
Heffalump said…
The Lightsabers aren't perfect, but they are also my first attempts at them, and were done using a free photo editing program. So I can't really complain.
John Andersen said…
My kids would KILL for a picture like that!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...