Picking Flowers

I have always loved how my boys would pick the weedy dandelions or other wild flowers from the yard and bring them to me. Its that time of year again where we have flowers (and some weeds) growing in the lawn. #1 and #2 have definitely outgrown the flower picking for Mom phase. I miss it in a way because it means they are getting older.
#3 hasn't shown any signs of picking flowers so far this year either, except that he has gladly gone out into our yard and woods with a pair of scissors to cut some bluebells for me (at my request). #4 has devotedly brought me flowers every spring and summer since he could walk. He has already picked some small daisy like flowers in the yard, and I am sure I will be overwhelmed with dandelions as soon as they start to take over. #5 has never been a big flower picker, but he does bring sticks into the house regularly. For some reasons he thinks sticks are the greatest things! He tries to bring sticks home whenever we go on hikes, and he brings them from our yard on walks we take in the area. I am looking forward to seeing what treasures my boys bring me this spring and summer. Its always an adventure.

Comments

Michelle Alley said…
I so miss the NW's wild flowers - you're are lucky! Your sons are so cute! My girls love to bring home pine cones and sticks. I've found several hiding in their rooms!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...