Mashed Potato Shame

I love mashed potatoes. Sometimes, however, I am lazy. I know they don't taste as good as the real thing, but I have been known to use instant mashed potatoes. I get them at Costco in a box with 18 packets of mashed potatoes inside.
For Easter Sunday I made real mashed potatoes to go with our Turkey. I used Red Potatoes, boiled in salted water, used real butter and milk (and can I just say here that a KitchenAid mixer does wonders for making them light and fluffy?) and they were the best mashed potatoes I have ever made. Unfortunately, they went quickly. A couple of days later I was still craving mashed potatoes. I decided to go through the tedious process of peeling and boiling potatoes for lunch no less. As I was standing at the sink peeling away, #4 came in and asked me what was for lunch.
Me: Mashed Potatoes. (Let me insert here that #4 LOVES mashed potatoes and is always asking for them for lunch)
#4: Ooooh (think whiny). I don't like potatoes unless they are smashed!
Me: That is what I am doing. Making Mashed Potatoes.
#4: Then where is the bag?

I now hang my head in shame. I have become known as an instant mashed potato Mom. My five year old never knew that you could make them from scratch.

Comments

Millie said…
I can't believe an instant mashed potatoes user is even reading my blog. You SHOULD be ashamed.

;) Where in the NW do you live? We should all plan a lunch somewhere.
Heffalump said…
Those Costco samples can really get you to buy almost anything these days. I think they add narcotics to their potato buds so that you will feel compelled to buy them.
Scribbit said…
Ha! Caught! My family loves them too, but I just get lazy and never make them, instead subjecting them to things like asparagus and broccoli that I love :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...