Various tidbits of dinner conversation

#5: Your brain is small...and my brain is even smaller!

#2: Today I learned how to pump on the swings, and the way it will help me in the future is when I get married I can teach my kids how to pump too. (Every night at dinner everyone gets a turn talking about something they did or learned that day, and sometimes we will ask them how what they learned might help them later in life. And pumping on the swings...is how we swing without having to have someone push us to go higher)

#1: I learned that if you ride your bike without a helmet and you fall, your head will explode and there will be lots of carnage (we went to a bike safety training today which included a demonstration that involved dropping two watermelons on the pavement, one with a helmet on it, and one without. Also, a big thank you to DYM for introducing the word carnage into my ten year old's everyday vocabulary when she wrote this hilarious post.)

D: Raise your hand if you are ungrateful.
#5: I am ungrateful! (waving his arm excitedly)
#3: I'm grateful...what does grateful mean?
D: When you are grateful you don't complain about things.
#4: I don't WAAAAAAAANT sauce! (This said in a very complaining tone.)
Me: Thank you #4 for illustrating that point so beautifully.

Comments

Scribbit said…
That last one had me rolling. I've never seen anyone so eager to be classified as an ingrate :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...