Did you try to cheat when eating less than savory foods as a kid?

I think all kids do this. I remember trying to hide my mixed veggies under my napkin when the folks weren't looking.
Today we had some couscous with dinner. I have no idea how to make couscous in an appetizing manner other than making it up like oatmeal (the boys love eating it that way.) I needed a quick side dish to go with our chicken, so I decided to make a batch of couscous. Its quick cooking, but boring. The whole reason I bought a bag of it was because last year I went to a church activity celebrating international things. The Africa table had couscous with this chicken and spicy sauce, and it was great. I bought the couscous thinking of that, but when I make the basic recipe, its just bland.
Most of the kids didn't want to eat it tonight unless they could add some sugar and milk like when they have it for breakfast. #4 wanted seconds on applesauce and I told him he could have some after he ate his couscous. So a few minutes later he asked for the applesauce again, and I glanced at his plate, noticing the lack of couscous, and gave him a second helping of applesauce. A little while later I noticed a romaine lettuce leaf on his plate, and moved it only to find his carefully hidden couscous. I can't believe I fell for that!
If anybody has a good recipe for couscous, let me know!

Comments

J-Dog said…
Nope, Sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...