Sometimes I think board games should be banned...

I have many fond memories of playing Aggravation, Monopoly, Uno and more as a child. We had family game nights regularly and it was a LOT of fun.
Here at our house we have accumulated some games due to my habit of buying them when they are on sale. I get them because of those fond childhood memories. Then it comes the time to play the game, and all HECK breaks loose.
Today #3 threw a major fit because #1 bought Pennsylvania railroad in Monopoly before #3 could. Its not just that #3 is a sore loser, its that he can't handle it if any one thing goes wrong for him in the game.
I wasn't the nicest person to play games with as a child. I admit that I had and still have quite a competitive streak in me. I was known to be close to winning and to go ahead and go around the board again in Aggravation just for the chance to jump on someone and make them start over. I was horrible. But I didn't cry when I got jumped. I just got even.
When playing Aggravation #3 will gleefully jump on your man and send you back to the start. But if he suffers that fate, then he just freaks out.
So my question is, does anyone know of a fun board game that doesn't involve actually winning or losing? Is there such a thing as a game that is all positive for everyone? And if there isn't, will someone please invent one?

Comments

Carrot Jello said…
Um...would it be a board game if there wasn't someone winning and someone losing?
J-Dog said…
Carrot Jell-O has a Point there.

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...