Legos...who DOESN'T love them

Okay, I will admit that there have been times when I was stumbling through my house in the dark, (sometimes not even in the dark!) stepped on small Lego pieces and suddenly had a strong urge to curse the very existence of those tiny Lego building bricks with their incredibly painful corners. Generally though, I love Legos and so do all of my boys. Legos invite creativity, they invite imaginative play, and they invite people of all ages (excluding small people that like to choke on things the size of legos) to get down on the floor, dig in and build yourself a whole city. I had Legos as a child. They were one of the few cool toys my Mom didn't get rid of (I am still upset over the loss of my Luke Skywalker on Hoth action figure and my as close as I wanted to get to having a Barbie Bionic Woman Doll with the cool flaps on her legs so you could see the bionics inside). The Legos, for some reason, my Mom held on to. Years later, when I had a couple of sons, I got those Legos out and enjoyed them with the boys. Since then, most of the pieces of my old Legos have gotten lost as Legos are wont to do but some of them are still mixed in with the many Legos we have collected over the years.
I love Legos. But they can be a little bit on the spendy side. Still, they are great fun and even if you lose half of the pieces of a set, you are only limited by your own imagination and creativity. I have lost track of how many games we have thrown out after pieces were lost or broken, but with Legos there are always endless possibilities awaiting you.
Lego mini figures have recently become a hot commodity around our home. The boys fight over them all the time. I finally went on ebay a week or so ago and got 12 assorted Lego men that the boys have been enjoying ever since they came in the mail a few days ago.
Being a web surfer and a Mom, I often check out sites and products that relate to my boys. I was on the Lego site recently and came across the Lego Factory area. Did you know that you can download Lego Designer software for free? It allows you to design your own Lego models picking from hundreds of digital Lego bricks. When you are done you can upload your model to Lego, and you can even find the price and order the model you designed. Its great, and leaves you with no missing pieces. If you don't feel like starting from scratch, you can even start out your design using one of their beginning platforms. If you decide you want to actually have the model you designed, you can customize the box and order it from Lego. They will include all the pieces you need to make your model at home.
My boys love playing with Digital Designer. Its fun for them, and it keeps me from stepping on those little Lego pieces quite as often.

Comments

Brillig said…
It actually sounds pretty cool! I admit that I have hurt my feet on many a lego...
Scribbit said…
That IS cool. And yes, my parents are serving as miss. president in India. Going to be a long three years but I'm excited for them.
Tori :) said…
Heffalump-
I have interview questions for you. You can either shoot me at email at: swampbrat at gmail dot com and I'll email them back to you or I can leave them as a comment for you. Let me know!!

The lego castle is awesome! We're going to Legoland next December and I'm stoked!
J-Dog said…
Ah, the Power of LEGOs. Aren't they loverly items?

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...