Not ready for romance...

We got a new CD this week. It is a CD of church music and other music for kids, and its an A Capella CD of course. One of the songs on it is called Peanut Butter and Jelly. It is basically a cute little romance sung from the point of view of the peanut butter. The first part of the song goes something like this...
I'm Peanut Butter and you are Jelly
And we're so happy on our little piece of bread
I remember the first time that I saw you
Sitting 'cross the cupboard with your other jelly friends

And you're so sweet, and I am crunchy
You're low fat-well I'm working on that
'Cause I'm Peanut Butter and you are Jelly
And we're so happy on our little piece of bread

#3 has been singing along with a lot of the songs on that CD, and today while we were out running some errands he was singing it along with the CD fairly loudly. After a couple of minutes I noticed that he was giggling and singing the words slightly different. Instead it was

I'm Peanut Butter and I am Jelly
And I'm so happy on my little piece of bread
I remember the first time that I saw me
Sitting 'cross the cupboard with my other jelly friends

And I'm so sweet, and I am chunky
I'm low fat-well I'm working on that
'Cause I'm Peanut Butter and I am Jelly
And I'm so happy on my little piece of bread.

Every once in a while he would accidentally sing the real words and then correct himself. I guess he just hasn't found that special someone yet.

Comments

Scribbit said…
I could see my husband singing his Ode to a PB&J, he likes them that much too.
Carrot Jello said…
That sounds like a cute cd. I just might have to get it.
Mary Cheung said…
Haha, me and my friends sing that song all the time.
I really want to learn how to play this song on guitar, but don't know the tabs. Does anyone have the tabs written down? Would really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

What could be better than a free pet?

Let them be little

School Picture Time...