Plane crashes and subtle insults

We are going on a trip to Disneyland later this year. It is a much loved topic of discussion in our home. Four out of five of the boys will be flying for the first time, and #1 has not flown since he was a baby. We were talking about this particular aspect of our trip earlier today.
#1: I don't mind flying as long as the plane doesn't crash.
#3: Well if it crashes we will just have to walk. (I decided not to explain to him that if the plane crashes we will likely all be well beyond the ability to walk.)
#2: (this suggestion was directed at me). Wear a sweatshirt. Make sure you wear one that fits you and we can use it as a parachute!
Me: Are you saying I am fat?

All I can say is ouch. #2 insists that he didn't mean it that way, but really, how would YOU take it if someone said the same thing to you?

Comments

John Andersen said…
What a fun post. It is good to hear from our friends on the coast. #2's comments remind me of my kids telling Amber that the baby in her tummy sure is getting big, isn't it! She never knows quite how to handle that comment - yes the baby is getting bigger, but still...
Unknown said…
An innocent suggestion (the parachute), I'm sure. :-) When I was pregnant and trying on clothes wtih my 2-year-old daughter, she kept looking at them distastefully and saying, "No, too big!" Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...