Update on Spidey Yellow Muffet the first...

I haven't set Spidey (full name Spidey Yellow Muffet the first) free yet. For a while I thought it was going to starve to death...but since we have a little moth problem I just started catching little moths and putting them in there. Pretty soon there were little moth bodies on the bottom of Spidey's house. I wasn't sure though if the spider was eating the moths, or if they were just dying of boredom or something. Spidey spins, but not a big web, just some little webby pieces here and there. Not even enough to catch a bug. I think the web is more of an alert system for Spidey because when a bug gets near it, it will get very still and open up its legs, and wait. We finally got to see it catch a moth and eat it the other day, and today D put a fly in there and Spidey caught it right away. The boys of course were thrilled to see that! Still, I keep thinking every day about setting Spidey free. I am not sure anyone will let me. D went out and dug a little patch of grass up, soil and all and put it in the bottom of Spidey's bug house, and watered it. I have a feeling Spidey is going to be here for a little while.

Comments

Scribbit said…
That must be "Muffet" after my suggestion? How cool! :)

I've ordered some caterpillars for my kids to watch turn into butterflies. Exciting yet at the same time kind of funny. Can't we just go out to the yard and find the caterpillars ourselves? When did nature start going through Amazon.com? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let them be little

What could be better than a free pet?

School Picture Time...